A world leader in the franchising business, Hossein Kasmai teaches others how to put his business-building strategy to work for them. Hossein has extensive experience in the field of franchising, founding many franchise concepts of his own including Guard-A-Kid, founded in 2005.
The business quickly became the industry leader and a very successful franchise in the field of “children and family safety.” In only a few months after its initial franchise offering, Guard-A-Kid grew to over 35 franchises. By 2010, only five years after its initial launch, Guard-A-Kid expanded to over 175 franchises in 11 countries worldwide (before Hossein sold it). This franchise creator now helps other entrepreneurs decide when to franchise and teaches them how to franchise successfully. Hossein’s franchise concept has been ranked among the top 500 franchises for 6 years in a row and ranked in the top 10 new franchises in 2009.
Entrepreneurial Role Models:
When business started difficulties overcame:
When business started difficulties overcame: “I didn’t know that people didn’t know what a franchise meant, for me the biggest obstacle has been educating business owners, it isn’t for us trying to sell something to someone, for me that’s easier, what is difficult is education is teaching people what this expansion strategy is, what franchising is and to make them understand why and how their business is a perfect fit for it”…[Listen for More]
- Entrepreneur Magazine – Advice, insight, profiles, and guides for established and aspiring entrepreneurs worldwide. Home of Entrepreneur magazine.
- The Franchise Magazine – Annual magazine with the latest franchise news and franchise business opportunities in the UK franchise industry Plus real-life franchisee stories from some of the most influential and important international franchises The Franchise Magazine.
“Franchise what your business is, not what you wish it was”
Recommended Online Resources:
- Youtube – is an American video-sharing website headquartered in San Bruno, California. The service was created by three former PayPal employees—Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim—in February 2005.
- Google LLC – is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products. These include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
Best Advice to Other Entrepreneurs:
“Protect your intellectual property, that’s extremely important, for you to be able to build a brand around something that’s not protected you’re wasting your time, you’re wasting your money because imagine years of hard work and all the money that you’ve spent building this brand can just completely collapse and completely shatter once you find out that you didn’t protect it” …[Listen for More]
More About Hossein Kasmai:
Neil’s Quote at the Beginning:
“Only stupid questions create wealth.” Gary Hamel
Other Quotes From the Chat with Hossein Kasmai:
- “When I talk to business owners they always say well I’m not ready to franchise my business because I still haven’t done this, I’d like to change this and I like to make that improvement and this has to be this way and I like my sales to be there and this to be here and all these wishful thinking that they like to have, as a business owner you’re never done, you’re always trying to get to that higher level”
- “Perfection is what we desire as business owners but no one is ever able to achieve perfection in the business world because as soon as you feel you got there you realize there’s a lot more missing”
- “Persistency is the key”
Did you like what you heard?
If you liked this podcast, please leave a review on iTunes! Visit https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-entrepreneur-way/id1080600330to discover the iTunes page. If you found value in this episode why don’t you help a friend out and share this episode on Social Media?